Get the skills you need to become a fully certified and licensed hairstylist with Ministry-accredited pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship programs at Studio 500.
About 90 per cent of the program involves on-the job training by sponsors of training employers and the rest is theoretical training through Studio 500.
Because the training is on-the-job, there are opportunities to earn while you learn and develop skills that are in high demand. Apprentices may qualify for a training allowance, employment insurance and/or an apprenticeship grant while attending school.
Hairstylist Apprenticeship Program
Studio 500 Hairstylist Apprenticeship Program is funded by the Government of Ontario and operated by TDSB Community Services. Registered apprentices pay only 10% of the tuition cost which is $420 plus GST. Studio 500 also provides a complete Tool Kit, including everything you will need to complete your training, and a text book with exam materials.
Through this program, apprentices are prepared to write the Certificate of Qualification Examination for Hairstylists in Ontario and to be successful in this competitive industry through the provision of theoretical instruction in techniques such as cutting, styling, colouring physiology, hygiene and salon management and gain practical hands-on experience.
Hairstylist Apprentices require two levels of theory training. Studio 500 offers this in the following ways:
- Full time 5 days a week, 8 weeks for each level
- Part time: 2 days a week, 15 weeks for each level
In order to attend the Apprenticeship training at Studio 500:
- Apprentices must be at least 16 years of age, and eligible to work in Canada;
- Must have obtained an Ontario Secondary School Diploma;
- Must be currently employed in the trade and formally registered as apprentices;
- Apprenticeship eligibility is determined by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
Hairstylist Pre-Apprenticeship Program
The Hairstylist Pre-Apprenticeship Program is designed for those who want to become licensed Hairstylists but have not achieved the required academic requirements (OSSD or equivalent) to register as an apprentice. This program is FREE for qualified candidates.
This 40-week* program includes:
- Academic Upgrading (16 weeks)
- Level 1 in-school training component of the Apprenticeship Program (10 weeks)
- Employment skills, life skills, computer basics, CPR and First Aid safety training (6 weeks)
- Paid work placement experience (up to 8 weeks)
For more info, contact us at: 416-394-6961 | email@example.com
Visit us at: http://studio500.tdsb.on.ca