Our ‘On The Line’ staff and Chef instructor have been working hard training and connecting our talented participants with employers! Our March session was a success as all participants sharpened their skills, received the Food Handler and WHMIS certifications, and secured 6-week paid work placements.
Here’s what Toronto’s future culinary pros created during the 5-week training portion of the program. Looking good!
On The Line is a unique 11-Week Paid Culinary Training program that offers skills building opportunities and employment readiness support to youth between the ages of 15 and 30.
The program offers:
- 5 weeks of intensive kitchen training and pre-employment support to prepare individuals to start a career as line cooks
- Menu planning, knife skills & food prep training from a Chef Instructor
- Food Handler and WHMIS certifications
- Participants will get paid for 30h per week to attend the sessions
- One-on-one assistance with job search
- 6 weeks of paid work placement following the training
- Valuable work experience
- Ongoing support throughout your employment
Visit the On The Line web page for more info and registration details. New session starting soon!