Written by Shilpi Banerjee, Employment Specialist with Next-Steps Employment Centre – Scarborough
It’s important to make a good first impression in order to land the interview. A well written cover letter goes a long way in landing the interview, and eventually the job.
This sample cover letter is for professionals who already have a few years experience.
1700 Sand Castle Court | Toronto, ON | M1P G2G
February 1st, 2018
Ms. Linda Miavana
Sr. H.R. Manager
Seashells Enterprise Ltd.
153 Design District, Toronto, ON M2X 3X1
Re: Administrative Assistant
Dear Ms. Miavana:
It is with great interest that I submit my application for the position of Administrative Assistant with Seashells Enterprise Ltd. I discovered this posting on your company website and feel confident that my previous work experience combined with my strong organizational skills will make me an ideal candidate for this role. I am very interested in working with your organization as I am impressed with your charitable involvement along with your commitment to value your customers and business partners. We seem to share similar values as providing outstanding customer service is my utmost priority.
I feel positive that my following skills and experience meet the requirements for the role of Administrative Assistant:
- Self-directed with an ability to take initiative and work in a fast paced environment: I am energetic, focused and goal oriented. I pride myself on my ability to go above and beyond to ensure all work is completed accurately and efficiently, while assisting others as needed.
- Strong office management: I have experience scheduling meetings, organizing events and coordinating travel plans. I have demonstrated my ability to multi-task a varied workload while effectively problem solving last minute cancellations and changes to the schedule.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills: I have experience preparing both internal and external correspondence with great accuracy, demonstrating strong attention to detail.
- Extensive computer skills in MS Office, database applications, email & internet.
- Experience in handling customer inquiries and maintaining confidential information.
- Diploma in Business Administration
Commended by supervisors for my outstanding work ethic, my positive attitude and previous experience will be an asset to your organization. I look forward to hearing from you to further discuss how my skills and qualifications can assist your organization in the role of Administrative Assistant. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience; I can be reached at 416-123-4567 or by email at NBeliezedonotmail@outlook.com.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Need more help? Attend our Resume & Cover Letter workshops at any of our 7 GTA locations. Workshop calendars can be found here. Call to register at your nearest location.